This engagement session was nothing short of eventful! I think it is best to sum up our evening together in five parts:
- We started in this adorable alleyway I found in German Village that had it all! Black painted brick walls (which are my current obsession), a brick road, a wall completely covered in ivy, and a sunset peaking over the building. Lauren laughed through all of the “awkward eye contact” and we found a gorgeous peony bush to take pics of her mother’s pearl engagement that is now hers =]
- We wanted to pop some champagne for obvious celebratory reasons. My friend lives close by (shout out to Liz) so I had her leave some champagne glasses out on her front porch for us and we stopped by, popped bottles, and sipped on the stoop.
- Before the session, Lauren messaged me and asked if she should bring a confetti cannon. I told her 1) duh and 2) that I’d put a mini dust pan in my camera bag. We popped confetti and then spent a little too long sweeping it up with a 2-inch broom that was hardly effective. Probably should have taken a behind the scenes picture of that because it was ridiculous. Hindsight is 20/20.
- We spent the remainder of the sunset in Schiller Park sitting by the pond, dancing under trees, and pretending to be in a photo-booth.
- Apologies in advance for the profanity, but the last thing Lauren and Drew wanted to do was profess how much they really f*cking love each other (the balloon’s word, not mine. Scroll to the end for that!).
All in all, I’d call this sesh a success. I absolutely cannot wait for their wedding next June!